Vendor Terms And Conditions
Raymart is a marketplace where you can sell your handmade goods, vintage items, and craft supplies directly to buyers around the world. We want to make sure that you and your buyers have a positive experience on Raymart. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a seller.
This policy was published on 22/06/2022. It will take effect on 1/07/2022
Keeping in mind these basic requirements will set you up for success on Raymart.
What can be sold on Raymart
Raymart is a unique marketplace. Buyers come here to purchase items that they might not find anywhere else. Items that can be listed for sale include but will not be limited to the following: Cakes, adult toys, foods, product designs, shoes, bags, hair, clothes (male and female), services like painting, make-up, hairdressing, crypto trading.
Handmade items are items that are made and/or designed by you, the seller. If you sell handmade items, you agree that:
- All handmade items are made or designed by you. If you work with a production partner, you must disclose that production partner in your relevant listings.
- You accurately describe every person involved in the making of an item in your shop in your About section.
- You are using your own photographs or video content —not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites.
If you are selling personalized or made-to-order items in the Handmade category, you agree that:
- All listings are available for purchase at a set price.
- If you are using photographs of previous work with options for customization (like color choices) included in the listing, it is clear in your description that the photos shown are just examples
What can’t be Sold on Raymart
Even if they otherwise meet our marketplace criteria, prohibited items, services, and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold on Raymart. All listings must offer an item for sale (which includes digitally delivered items and can also include reserved listings). You may not create a Raymart listing for the purpose of sharing a referral code, posting a want ad, or similar activity that does not offer a physical or digital item for sale.
The following types of items are prohibited or restricted on Raymart:
- Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia, and Medical Drugs
- Animal Products and Human Remains
- Dangerous Items: Hazardous Materials, Recalled Items, and Weapons
- Hate Items: Items that Promote, Support, or Glorify Hatred
- Illegal Items, Items Promoting Illegal Activity, and Highly Regulated Items
- Internationally Regulated Items
- Pornography and Mature Content
- Violent Items: Items that Promote, Support, or Glorify Violence
Keep in mind that members may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for Raymart’s review. Raymart may remove any listings that violate our policies. Note that listing fees are non-refundable. Raymart may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You’ll still be on the hook to pay any outstanding fees on your Raymart statement.
Managing your Raymart Shop
Your shop represents you and your business to the Raymart community. It’s important that you, your items and your shop are honestly and accurately represented.
By selling on Raymart, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information to Raymart and in your About section.
- Honour your Shop Policies.
- Ensure your shop content, such as any text, photos or videos used to represent yourself, your shop or your listings, abide by Raymart’s policies, including our Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to Raymart.
- Not engage in fee avoidance.
- Not create duplicate shops or take any other action (such as manipulating clicks, baskets or sales) for the purpose of shilling, manipulating search or circumventing Raymart’s policies.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
By listing a product for sale on Raymart you understand and agree that you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations for the products you list for sale, including any required labels and warnings. Raymart assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, labeling, or content of your listings.
Meeting Service Level Standards
As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers. These requirements are called our Seller Service Level Standards. Raymart may reach out to you if your shop fails to meet Raymart’s Seller Service Level Standards.
By selling on Raymart, you agree to:
- Honour your dispatch and processing times. Sellers are obligated to dispatch an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Please be aware that legal requirements for dispatch times vary by location.
- Respond to Messages in a timely manner.
- Honour the commitments you make in your shop policies.
- Resolve disagreements or order issues directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, Raymart can help through our case system.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
Sellers may be charged for using some of Raymart’s services. There are fees associated with listing, selling, advertising, and certain other Raymart products and features. When you make a sale through raymart.ng, you will be charged a transaction fee of 3% of the price you display for each listing plus the amount you charge for delivery and gift wrapping.
Raymart shall collect payments from buyers in respect of each product purchased from the marketplace, and we shall deduct from the same our commissions and, as may be applicable, any fees, charges, taxes, penalties, refunds and any other amounts that you owe to us in respect of any business whatsoever.
We shall remit the proceeds of sale of the products, after all deductions pursuant to the section above, and remit the remaining funds to you in the currency of the marketplace territory (NGN) and using such payment mechanism as we may notify you from time to time.
Only a verified vendor on Raymart will get full payment 24 hours after a buyer makes payment for products. Unverified vendors will receive payment only after delivery of the product has been made.
Evidence of payment to your nominated account shall constitute conclusive evidence of payment and receipt.
You shall be entirely responsible for ensuring that the account details that you upload to the Vendor Profile are accurate and up to date, and that the account is secure. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage to you that may result from fraud or error in respect of your account.
Subject to the applicable laws of the territory, we may at any time set off any amount that you owe to us against any amount that we owe to you, by sending you written notice of the set-off. Set-off may apply across your accounts if you operate more than one account. For the avoidance of any doubt, the account statement in the Vendor Profile shall serve as such notice of set-off.
In the event that we hold insufficient funds on your behalf for payment of any amounts that you owe us (your account is in debit):
a. You shall pay the amounts you owe to us by such payment method as we may request; and
b. We may delay or suspend payment to you in the event of investigation of a potential fraud or other breach of this agreement.
c. In the event that the vendor disputes any transaction or statement of account it must report its claim to Raymart within two (2) months of the date of the relevant transaction, failing which such claim shall be deemed to be waived.
Delivering Your Items
Sellers are responsible for packaging and dispatching their sold items to buyers. If you’re using a delivery or fulfilment service, please keep in mind that you are ultimately responsible for making sure that your buyers receive their orders.
By selling on Raymart, you agree to:
- Provide an accurate “dispatches from” address.
- Specify your postage costs and processing times in your listings.
- Dispatch items promptly after they are sold. Prompt delivery means that you dispatch each item within 3-7 days of purchase. Before you update your processing time for a specific order, you must first obtain your buyer’s consent.
- Comply with all local customs.
- Dispatch to the address listed on the Raymart receipt.
- Mark the order as dispatched when you dispatch it which automatically marks your order as dispatched. Remember that you may only mark an order as dispatched after you actually have dispatched it. When you mark an order as dispatched, the buyer will receive a notification.
- Charge an appropriate amount for postage.
By entering tracking information or delivery confirmation on Raymart, you’re giving us permission to collect and share this data received from your chosen delivery company with the buyer.
In the unlikely event, an order does not arrive, be prepared to provide valid proof of dispatch. Valid proof of dispatch must show that the item actually was dispatched and that it was sent to the address provided by the buyer on Raymart. If a buyer does not receive their order, they may file a case against your shop.
Being a Member of the Raymart Community
At Raymart, everyone is expected to treat fellow members of the Raymart community with respect. As a seller, you have additional responsibilities to safeguard personal information and communicate promptly with buyers in order to provide a great customer experience.
Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of Raymart, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like listings, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that:
- Contains hateful or derogatory language or imagery, or any content that is subject to our Anti-Discrimination and Hate Speech Policy;
- Contains threats, harassment, extortion, or violates our rules about interference;
- Violates someone else’s intellectual property rights;
- Is false, deceptive, or misleading;
- Contains unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Contains private information, whether it is your own, or someone else’s;
- Encourages or facilitates a transaction that evades the Raymart checkout process;
- Contains prohibited medical drug claims;
- Violates any of the rules described in our Prohibited Items Policy.
Some content on Raymart is subject to additional requirements. Please see below for more details.
Privacy and Protecting Personal Information
In particular, when you sell using our Services (subject to this Policy), you may receive and determine what to do with certain personal information, such as when communicating with users and entering into transactions with buyers. This means you process personal information (for example, buyer name, email address, and delivery address) and, to the extent you do so, under Nigerian law, you are an independent controller of data relating to other users that you may have obtained through the Services.
As a data controller (that is someone who decides what personal data is collected and the purpose you’ll use the data for) to the extent that you process user personal information outside of the Services, you may be required under applicable data protection and privacy laws to honor requests received from such users for data access, portability, correction, deletion, and objections to processing. Also, if you disclose personal information without the buyer’s proper consent, you are responsible for that unauthorised disclosure. This includes, for example, disclosures you make or unintentional data breaches. For example, you may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for Raymart-related communications or for Raymart-facilitated transactions. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorised transactions. Without the buyer’s consent, and subject to other applicable Raymart policies and laws, you may not add any Raymart member to your email or physical mailing list, use that buyer’s identity for marketing, or obtain or retain any payment information.
Please bear in mind that you’re responsible for knowing the standard of consent required in any given instance. If Raymart and you are found to be joint data controllers of personal information, and if Raymart is sued, fined, or otherwise incurs expenses because of something that you did in your capacity as a joint data controller of buyer personal information, you agree to indemnify Raymart for the expenses it occurs in connection with your processing of buyer personal information.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Raymart. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review;
- Creating or using an independent buyer account to maliciously up-vote another shop’s negative reviews in order to position those reviews more prominently.
Harassment and Discrimination
Any use of the platform to harass other members is strictly prohibited. Similarly, raymart.ng may not be used to support or glorify hatred or otherwise violate our Anti-Discrimination Policy. If you receive a Message that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer and cancel the transaction. If the buyer has already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises. All cancellations are subject to our Cancellation Policy.
Feedback, Cases, and Your Success
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on Raymart. Buyers can leave a review, including a one to five star rating and a photograph or video of their purchase.
On the rare occasion, you receive an unfavorable review, you can reach out to the buyer or leave a response.
In addition to our rules for Creating and Uploading Content, reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain graphic, mature, or obscene language or imagery, or any content that is subject to our mature content policy;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a delivery company, Raymart or a third party;
- Include shilling or otherwise falsely inflate a shop’s review score;
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
Raymart’s Case System
The Case system is how a buyer notifies Raymart of an order issue or dispute that they’re unable to resolve with a seller, in order for Raymart to help them reach a resolution. Buyers must contact sellers directly via the Help with Order link and attempt to resolve any outstanding issues before opening a case on Raymart. For this reason, it is important that you fill out your shop policies and regularly respond to messages from your buyers. Once a buyer contacts you to notify you of a problem with an order, you will have 48 hours to resolve the issue. If the issue is unresolved in this time frame, a case may be opened by the buyer. Once a case has been opened, Raymart will assist in the resolution of the case between the buyer and seller. This may include, but is not limited to, automatically closing the case and issuing a refund to the buyer, or reviewing the case further to help the buyer and seller resolve it as quickly as possible.
Raymart reserves the right to resolve an order issue before the 48-hour window for circumstances including, but not limited to, seller inactivity, harassment, refusal of service, manipulation, and undermining the integrity of the case system.
For certain cases, sellers are protected by Raymart’s Purchase Protection Programme. If the case falls outside of Raymart’s Purchase Protection Programme for Sellers, unless otherwise required by law, you will be required to refund the order, including the original postage and return postage. Raymart reserves the right to issue a refund to the buyer and recoup funds from your account, including your payment account reserve, if payment was made via Raymart Payments.
Your Seller Account and Raymart’s Terms
In the event a shop sees an unusual spike in orders, particularly in a high demand category, a shop may see an increase or decrease in its search ranking. Often, if a shop sees an increase in fulfilled orders and good reviews, this may result in higher visibility and search rank.
In addition, we may limit the visibility of listings or ads in the interest of keeping Raymart safe, and improving our Services. For example, listings or ads may have decreased visibility because they include terms that represent a prohibited item or based on third party policies. These listings or ads may also be restricted from appearing in one or more features of the Services. While these listings or ads may have limited visibility, they are still discoverable in search.
Raymart may make changes to onboarding or authentication processes for sellers at our sole discretion. Completion of these processes may be required for seller account activation or continued access and usage.
If Raymart has reason to believe you, Your Content, or your use of the Services violate our Terms, including this Seller Policy, we may deactivate Your Content to some or all users, or suspend or terminate your account (and any accounts Raymart determines is related to your account) and your access to the Services. Generally, Raymart will notify you that Your Content or account has been suspended or terminated, unless you’ve repeatedly violated our Terms or we have legal or regulatory reasons preventing us from notifying you.